You know you want to live your life to your full potential so that you can be happy and healthy. You also want to have the best relationship that will keep getting better. You want to grow together, not apart and the best way to accomplish that is by setting some New Year’s Resolutions that are guaranteed to improve your communication, enhance your romance, increase your intimacy and expand your sexual horizons. But first you have break bad habits that have been keeping you for being happy personally and or in a relationship.
Here are 10 bad habits with some action steps to help you resolve them.
1. Cheating – don’t go to tempting places or get into tempting situations.
2. Smoking – ration yourself to smoke one less every day until you give it up.
3. Drinking – just drink on weekends or special occasions.
4. Drugs – get help from a support group.
5. Food – eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
6. Gambling – give the money to charity instead.
7. Abuse – take time out before you say or do something you’ll regret.
8. Laziness – make a list of productive things to do and check them off daily.
9. Clutter – Organize one room at a time.
10. Selfishness – help others by volunteering your time, donating money or personal items to people who have less than you.
What is your bad habit and what is one action step you can take to resolve it?
Here are 10 Relationship Resolutions that will make your relationship even better.
1. Set a Romance Goal – Hold hands, kiss daily, make time for make-out sessions at least 3 times a week and take turns initiation romantic dates such as candlelight dinners or movie night.
2. Set an Intimacy Goal – Listen to each other, be emotionally supportive, share your feelings and make love with eyes open at least 2 times a week.
3. Set a Communication Goal –Ask your partner how you can be a better partner. Praise your partner often, give him or her a compliment every day, listen more, argue less, verbalize appreciation more and criticize less.
4. Set a Collaboration Goal – Spend quality time together by doing things you both enjoy. Learn a new hobby together, take dance classes, Loveology online classes, cooking, yoga, camping, painting, or volunteering for a charity. Take a short vacay for a weekend to the Loveology Retreat for yoga, meditation, hiking and stargazing.
5. Set Habit Changing Goal – Make a pact to help each other lose weight, stop smoking, procrastinating, being messy, lazy, grumpy or any other bad habit where you can support each other to quit.
6. Set Fun Goal – Play indoor and outdoor games like you did when you were a kid. From hide and seek to pillow fighting, be silly and playful to put the fun back into your relationship.
7. Set Intention Goal – Write a couples mission statement and include where you see your relationship in one year. Then frame it in your home as a personal and public reminder of your shared relationship mission.
8. Set Improvement Goal – Change something about yourself to make your relationship even better. For example, make an effort to dress up and greet your partner with a kiss after work, learn how to give a sensual massage or just get a fashion makeover.
9. Set Forgiveness Goal – Let go of past hurts, open up your heart and let love in with a fresh New Year’s start. Write a forgiveness letter to yourself or to someone who has hurt you, but end the letter by writing that you forgive.
10. Set Happiness Goal – Know what makes you happy individually and as a couple. Then live your life to the fullest by doing the things that make you happy, whether it’s eating ice cream, being pampered at a spaor cuddling with your partner.
Be realistic when setting your New Years Relationship Resolutions. The reality is that a consistently successful relationship takes compromise and commitment.